Thursday, May 19, 2011

I've Reached Another Writing Milestone!

Just a couple of hours ago I finally finished my first ever story! Though it was only a 4,519 word short story. But it was my first complete story written. And I've been at this since around my middle school years.

I'm overly excited write now! (ha ha. get it?) As soon as I finished writing I immediately started on the first round of editing. The whole editing thing is going to be a rush job. I have two days to submit it to Yahoo! Contributor's Network. Luckily I have a wonderfully smart and talented brother who is loads better at grammar/editing than I am. And said brother as agreed to help me.

Hopefully they won't take forever in accepting/rejecting it. I think the wait to find out is going to be the worst thing EVER! But I feel confident that I will have a link up for you guys pretty soon!

I suppose the logical thing to do is to move on to my next assignment! :D

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I'm very proud of you! It's a HUGE thrill to finish something, isn't it? I've only completed a handful of short stories, very very few. (I have that dreaded habit of starting things and not completing them too.) I can only imagine what it feel like if one day I actually FINISH a novel!
    I'll be looking for that link!

    ReplyDelete