Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Chris Shingleton Memories Pt. 01

It's been almost a month since you've been gone and I'm still having trouble taking it all in. I miss you like crazy and I wish I would have hung out more over the last year or so.

The weather is getting nicer and I can't help but to think of all the times we were out in the woods. Creek walking, chasing deer like crazy people, downhill running, ravine jumping (see below)


The other day I drove down Veterans and was thinking about the time you, me, and Justin got stopped by that cop for walking down the middle of the road after midnight. Luckily he didn't see Justin smash his soda bottle on the road and then kick it! The walk all the way out there was a blast. We played in that fort thing at the school where Leath furniture used to be. We tried peeking into that creepy, old barn near goodwill.

Or the time I downloaded that Zombies, Run! app on my phone and you, me, and Steve were trying it out. I'll admit it was stupid we played on Sheridan in the dark. Luckily we were smart enough to move to an area with less traffic. The three of us went sprinting and screaming down the road about zombies and I'm sure those kids we passed were like "What the hell?!" Then we gave the phone to Steve (who was in sandals) and told him it was on the slowest speed. It wasn't. It was probably one of the funniest things to see him try to run that fast in sandals! Sorry Steve.


This summer I plan on making more memories in your honor, Diggity Dawg.

No comments:

Post a Comment