Sunday, May 15, 2011

Writing, Writing, and Not Writing

It's been almost a week since I've been on here.There hasn't really been all that much going on. Work and little sleep. Feeling drained all the time. My fight with constant procrastination. Etc, etc.

I have six days to write my science fiction short story and submit it to Yahoo! Contributor's Network. I've outlined it. Started writing like a week ago but that's it. I might write a bit here or there but never sit down and just write. I always have an excuse and I probably always will. But I suppose that's a good thing. If I don't write I'm saving the world from another terrible excuse of a book...

I've started using Dropbox. Which is very handy for writing on the go. I downloaded the app on my phone and linked/synced it to my account so I can access all my word files right from my phone. So I know where I left off in my writing. And I also don't have to retype everything from a notebook when I get home.

I also have a Zombie short story due in about ten days (because it's Zombie Awareness Month apparently). A spring time poem due in a week. And a Father's Day poem due in a little over two weeks.

In other writing news I went back and read through most of my Nanowrimo attempt from last year (I think the last time I looked at it was back in November.) And as I was reading I caught myself thinking "I can't stop reading this!" But it was said from a POV that I hadn't written it. Not like I thought I was a decent writer or anything. It was like it was a story I had stumbled across and just couldn't put down.

I've also started using my Smashwords account. Well logged back into it finally. But I hope, one day, when I finish writing a story and get it polished to put it up on Smashwords as an ebook! It's a pretty exciting idea to me. Self publishing has always seemed like the ideal way for me to go. Not sure why but it just feels right.

Well I'm going to attempt to write some. Goodnight!

P.S. I'll be reviewing Episode four of Doctor Who tomorrow I think.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps this will help inspire your zombie story -- a mashup of a bunch of Zombie movies since the original Night of the Living Dead, 1968. Best of luck! http://bit.ly/kWKJ9O

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I love with yahoo...it's forcing me out of writer's block by giving me mini-deadlines. Nothing as big or daunting as a novel, but the articles are still something that I must sit down and write by a deadline. It's thrilling! I look forward to reading your story and seeing what more you have to put up. I plan on posting a rather large post on my experience with yahoo tomorrow; I know you said previously you'd be interested in reading it.

    ReplyDelete