Saturday, June 11, 2011

Why I Write

This was supposed to be my first topic post back at the beginning of the month. I'll try to make this the least random and rambling as I can.

Why do I write? Why do I plan on attempting to make a living off of something that is pretty make it or break it? Why didn't I go to college and get a degree? Do something meaningful with my life? Do what's "normal"?

Those are just some of the questions that I've heard. I do it because I like telling stories. Making up stories. Making worlds where anything can happen. I enjoy creating unique characters. I like to live out fantasies that I can't live out myself. I can do that through writing. Basically it's what makes me happiest. And no matter what, no matter if I never sell a book, or never have even a single fan/reader I won't stop writing. Not now, not ever. No matter what anyone tells me. No matter how hard they try to push the "normality" of society onto me I won't change. Writing is my life and always will be. I don't write with the intent of making it big or selling a billion books. I intend to be happy and have hopes that my silly, nonsensical stories make others happy and for a brief time let them escape from crazy world we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment