Saturday, June 9, 2012

Becoming Digital

As you may or may not know I love books. Reading and writing them (though the writing part doesn't happen too often). I own a Kindle and use it regularly. I also read physical paper books.

Recently I was thinking about how some people get pretty upset about ebooks and have a spaz attack. Saying "they aren't real books" and the like. I'm not going to get into that whole ordeal but I was just wondering if people got this bent out of shape when music became digital. Back in the day we used to have to listen to tapes. Then CDs. Now a lot of music is digital. Did people throw a fit about that? "Oh its not real music because I don't has a CD!" Its the same thing as books being digital now. Both forms are still available. And both forms have the same content.

So really, what's the big deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment