Tuesday, October 1, 2013

NaNoWriMo 2013

In just a month I will be participating in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). If you've never heard of this it is a month long writing event. In which participants attempt to write 50,000 words in the 30 days of November! Yes it is VERY hectic. And takes a lot of patience and perseverance.

I've participated since 2008 but haven't finished once. Something always seems to come up and keep my from writing. Other times I just get discouraged and can't write. But this year I am determined to finish!

I'm also participating in NaNoWarmUp. I literally just learned about this event! Its similar to NaNoWriMo except you try to write only 25,000 words in the 31 days of October. Hence the Warm Up part of the name. It's meant to get you ready for November. To get in the writing groove.

I plan on working on the book I started years ago and have repeatedly set aside and picked back up. I plan on starting today and working on it daily until the end of November. So, by December 1st, I hope to have 75,000 words written in it!

NaNoWriMo is tough since I work in a grocery store and have a varying schedule. And with Thanksgiving being in November work gets VERY busy and wears me out and that cuts into my writing.

I'll be posting updates as often as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment