Thursday, February 16, 2012

Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace 3D


On 2-10-12 I was one of the many people who attended a midnight showing of Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace 3D. And like most people I found there to be pros and cons about the movie. But I'm going to write this as level headed as I can and definitely be a lameo just because one little thing was changed (you still need to get over it).

This was my first 3D movie experience. So I don't have anything to base my opinions on. But overall I enjoyed the movie. I mean, come on, it's a chance to see Star Wars in theaters again. No way I can complain about that!

I didn't mind paying the $11+ for the ticket or the fact that some 3D parts of the movie were really just added depth. It was an experience that I got to share with my brother, friend, and nephew. It was another opportunity to see Darth Maul rage on the big screen. A chance to see all the glory and awesomeness of Episode I!

Yes I say awesomeness and I mean it. I love the prequels. I like them more the the original trilogy. There is more action, better action, better fight scenes, better acting (I admit there is some parts in the prequels that seem forced), and they are just more visually pleasing.

Now don't get me wrong I love the originals too. But they have their own “feel” to them. And its just not something that can compare to Episodes I-III for me. But anyways this is about the 3D movie!

Overall it was fun and I had a blast. Like I said I have no previous experience with 3D movies so I don't know where this stacks up but it seemed weak in spots. The best parts were the open space shots. They should have just skipped 3D and just released them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment